Sunday, September 13, 2009

1985... Wouldnt Be so bad??

I recently celebrated another birthday, I swear I just did this not too long ago. My mom of course was the first to remind me of how old I'm getting by saying “Can you just go back to when you were 3 yrs old, you were so damn cute running around in your little shorts.” Of course I said “Mom, are you kidding me? NO.” Than after thinking about it, I began wishing that wouldn't be so bad. I mean right now I have a full time job, bills, stress, Why wouldn't I want too? 1985 was so easy, I just slept, ate and played with my He-Man action figures and on occasion cried if I didn't get my way. What could be bad?

The world revolved around my toys and when I could watch the eventual Super Bowl Champion Chicago Bears that year. The hardest part of the day was deciding if I wanted to watch cartoons or go to the park and play. It's crazy to think that the simplest things in life make you so happy. I cant think of the last time I was as happy as I was when I was Three. Everything was simple, my sister would be at school and I was at home with my mom. Here is a typical day according to my Mom of when I was Three:

8:00 - Wake up Watch Cartoons, Eat

9:00 -Cartoons

10:00: Play with toys

11:00 More toys

12:00 Eat lunch- sometimes a Happy Meal at McDonald's which was the highlight of the day

1:00 Go to the Park or the Pool

2:00 Nap

3:00 Sister comes home and play and annoy her

4:00 Cartoons

5:00 Play more

6:00 eat dinner

7:00 dress up in my Bears football uniform and play football in the living room

8:00 Bed time

Ok, so maybe this might be a slight exaggeration not everyday could be so eventful, I did actually do some productive things like color or draw or scribble on my Bears coloring book. I usually had to go run errands with my mom and If I was good we would go feed the ducks at the river walk. I did not have to worry about work, what to make for dinner, my bank account none of those.

However, I neglected to think of all the things that do make me happy that I for sure could not do when I was three such as: driving no matter where it be with music blaring or Football weekends with friends grilling out or looking forward to Softball or Flag football games during the week. Looking back on 1985 I forgot how fun it can be to be older. I guess 2009 isn't as bad as I thought!

No comments: