Monday, April 30, 2007

Dorm Watch 2007

I have lived in a dorm room for quite a long time now (2 years) and each year I tell myself OK It's time to go. However, I find myself back in the same room the next semester. This year was supposed to be different. I planned to get myself closer to getting out of school by taking some classes over the summer. Step 2 would be to find a place to live. Originally I had planned on staying one more summer in the dorm and rent an apt or house next fall and celebrate my senior year. Well a friend of mine asked me the other day to live with him this summer and next fall. Immediately i jumped on the offer without remembering that I had already put a down payment on the same dorm room. Now what's the problem you ask? Why can't you just go tell them that something came up and you need to terminate the contract? Easier said than done my friend. It was $150 deposit and basically I won't see that cash again. Telling that to my father is not the thing you want to do. How will I justify that I totally screwed my self as well as him by saying " hey dad guess what you just gave the University money that wasn't necessary". My father is a very complicated individual there are certain ways to deal with him. He hates the way the university deals with the payment system already and to tell a man that he gave them money for no need will just steam him even more. I have a meeting with the dorm area coordinator tom morrow to see if they can help me out .. Stay tuned

2 comments:

cadiz12 said...

i've had quite a bit of experience with complicated individuals as well as university red tape (essentially they told me i wouldn't graduate on time if i studied abroad, i went anyway, and after i put down deposits to stay longer, they sent me tickets to commencement. jerks.)

good luck.

Jon said...

all you need is a few good blackmail pictures and you'll find everything will work out just fine.